Current Version: 0.125
Requires Android: 2.1 and up
0.122: Added cloud storage support: Dropbox, SugarSync, and Box (Box.net).
0.122: Added Tar/Gzip and Tar/Bzip2 extraction and archive creation.
0.125: Improved cloud service performance.
0.125: Media streaming supported for all cloud services.
FX is a file manager / media manager with networking capabilities designed to let you quickly and easily manage all content on your phone / tablet.
ROOT ACCESS: Please download the root access module from our web site if you are interested in testing it. The root module is free-to-use until the beta period ends.
* Multiple windows (quickly switch between different locations)
* Intuitive swipe-to-select gesture for managing multiple items (Slide finger horizontally across items to select/deselect them; see YouTube Video, web site documentation, or in-app help for more information)
* Icon and detail list views in file manager windows
* Cut/Copy/Paste/Delete using clipboard
* Storage space usage analyzer (tap View->Details within any file manager window)
* In-app documentation (tap Tools->Help within any window), also available on NextApp web site
File Viewers / Editors (all versions)
* Text File Viewer
* Text Editor
* Binary (Hex) Viewer (tap File->Open With->Binary Viewer within any file manager window)
* Image Viewer
* Zip, Tar, GZip, and Bzip2 Archive Extractor / Creator (.zip, .tgz, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2)
Media Capabilities (full version)
* Browse image collections (camera roll(s), image-containing folders, all images on device)
* Browse video collections (camera roll(s), all videos on device)
* Browse audio by artist, album, playlist, or display all tracks
* Rearrange playlists with drag and drop (multiple files can be rearranged by selecting them)
Network / Cloud Capabilities (full version)
* Windows networking (SMB)
* SSH FTP
* Cloud Storage: Dropbox, SugarSync, and Box (Box.net)
* Steam video and audio media files from SMB, FTP, SSH, and cloud storage to media player applications
* Browse local network for Windows (SMB) shares
* Find FTP and SSH FTP local network shares using multicast DNS (mDNS) service discovery (Bonjour/Zeroconf/Avahi)
* Encrypted keyring (used to avoid entering sensitive passwords in public while not allowing access in event of device theft)
Bluetooth Capabilities (full version)
* Send files via OBEX Push
* OBEX Push server for receiving files (optional, some devices natively provide this service)
* OBEX Push client and server can use WiFi for high-speed transfers when both are connected to same network.
* Bluetooth FTP Client
* Discover / pair devices from within the app
* Thumbnails preview images: Image thumbnails not shown for files which are not indexed by Android media database.
* Streaming video playback: It is possible to play a large variety of formats on Android devices, but supporting formats other than 3GP/MP4 often requries one (or more) third-party video players to be installed on your device. A given third-party video player may deliver excellent performance on some devices and poor performance on others. If you experience issues with network streaming media playback, please first try transferring the media to the device and playing it locally to determine if the problem is related to network streaming. FX has been tested to work with a variety of formats and popular players; tested video file formats include 3GP, AVI, FLV, MKV, MP4, and WMV (many of these require third-party players).
* Root module: A root / superuser-access add-on module is currently undergoing testing, but is not yet being distributed on the Android market.
* Beta testing: This is a beta release of FX File Explorer. This is the free “Lite” version, but during beta all features of the paid full version are available. The full-version features will expire after a period of time unless you download an updated version. When the product is released, the full-version features will no longer be available in this “Lite” version. Neither version will contain ads.
* Bug reports: We greatly appreciate bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, and questions. Please report bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org. A community forum is also available at http://android.nextapp.com.
FX File Explorer (Beta) 0.125 on Google Play
Download FX File Explorer (Beta) 0.125